Family Caregivers Research Study about Health and Developmental Disabilities During COVID-19March 24, 2022
Labour Day Letter to MLAs & MPsSeptember 8, 2022
Looking for ways to stay healthy during the pandemic? You are invited to take part in a research study looking at an online course about COVID-19 and health. The study is called: Addressing unmet and emerging health needs of Canadian adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families during COVID-19.
Who can participate? You can take part if you are:
· 18 years old or older with a developmental disability
· Living in Canada
· Have internet access and a computer or phone
When does the study take place? The study runs for 6 weeks:
1. Every Thursday, from April 28-June 2, 12:30-2:00pm EDT
2. Every Thursday, from June 16-July 21, 12:30-2:00pm EDT
What happens when you do the study? If you do the study you would:
· Come to a 6-week online course with other self-advocates;
· Be interviewed three times by a researcher on WebEx (about 25-35 minutes each time) before the course, at the end of the course, and 8 weeks after the course is over;
· Have the option to come to a focus group to talk about your experience after the course is over;
· Get an e-gift card at the end of the study.
What is the course about? The course will talk about things you can do to stay healthy during the pandemic, such as:
· Developing healthy routines to build healthy lives
· Finding balance: Taking care of myself in hard times
· What about when things are really hard? Talking about sadness, grief and loss
There is no cost to take part in this research. Participation is completely voluntary and will not affect any help you get at CAMH either now or in the future. Any information we collect from you for this study will be confidential.
If you are interested:
· You can email us at email@example.com or call us at 437-328-6761 and a researcher will answer your questions or help you fill out the form to say you are interested.
· Or, you can fill out the form online on your own by clicking on this link: https://edc.camhx.ca/redcap/surveys/?s=M3D7WREX3THMLDFY